Level II Training
These Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Courses are structured to support Yoga teachers, Therapists & Body Workers in deepening their understanding of the art & science of teaching Yoga with a balanced approach.
We bring Yin & Yang elements to a variety of practices like asana, meditation, pranayama, chanting and more. These programs build upon your foundation to offer the appropriate teachings to specific students at the appropriate times.
All Level II Programs includes daily asana practice, interactive lectures, group work and individual homework. Each two week module has a physiological & yogic theme that relate to each other. The themes rotate and each module is independent from the others.
The non-residential course in Mallorca is limited to 24 students
The residential course in Ibiza is limited to 21 students
We request that all participants have already completed a 200 hr Foundational Yoga teacher training. If you have not done this yet and are still interested to join us, send an email and let’s talk!
It is not required to have done the first training with David and Mirjam.
All interested students must complete the application at the bottom of this page and will receive confirmation after the application is reviewed.
Students in these courses are expected to already have:
- Undersanding and knowledge of the 8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga
- Working knowledge and unserstanding of the Yama and Niyama
- Basic Yoga teaching skills
- Basic understanding of Anatomy (bones,muscles,joints and functions)
David Lurey & Mirjam Wagner
Mirjam & David share a combined passion for the Tradition of Yoga blended with a modern application of Philosophy and Anatomy. With over 25 years combined experience they lead trainings and groups through transformational experiences year round.Weaving elements of Vinyasa, Yin Yoga, Bhakti & Mindfulness makes each unique class with them a journey of body, mind and spirit that balances inner and outer relationships.
Meet Mirjam Wagner
Mirjam Wagner (500 E-RYT) uses the close relationship between physical and emotional health as a primary source of inspiration in her practice and teaching. After profound studies in the highly efficient healing technique of Osteopathy and years of experience as a certified Yoga teacher, she has found an expression of the fusion of these methods in the world of Yin Yoga & Yoga Therapy. For more information and to contact Mirjam, please visit:
Locations: Mallorca & Ibiza
Non - Residental Course with all classes at Earth Yoga.
Upon registration, students will receive a list of housing suggestions.
The Mandala House is a converted family home that will serve as our home for the two week course.
There are a variety of rooms from 2-4 people and the house is located just at the sea in a residential neighborhood of Sta. Eularia.
Please note that this house is on the edge of the village and a short walk from the pueblo and street life of Sta. Eularia and this is not a remote or romoved location.
Level II Trainings
Early Bird: 1.400€
Pay in FULL before November 15th,2017
THESE PRICES ARE FOR FOR THE YOGA COURSE ONLY - THEY DO NOT INCLUDE FOOD OR HOUSING
You will need to find your own housing (suggestions provided) and feed yourself too!
Early Bird: € 2.350
Pay in FULL before May 13th,2017
After May 13th: € 2.600
This price includes:
Shared Sleeping Room from 2-4 people (All Students will share the room for this training)
All meals throughout
This price DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Any transportation costs
Extra food or services outside of the retreat center
7:30a - 9:30 Asana Pranayama & Meditation
12:30 - 17:30 Classes
There will be special events through the week announced on the first day.
7:00 - 7:30 Meditation
7:30 - 8:30 Light Breakfast
8:30 - 10:00 Yang Asana Practice
10:30 - 12:30 Session I
13:00 - 16:30 Lunch & Siesta
16:30 - 19:00 Session II
*** The Reading is just for those students who wish the Yoga Alliance Certification! If you are taking the course without need for the certificate, the reading & book report are not required ***
To successfully earn the certificate for this training, all students must submit a written book report of 1000 – 1500 words about the impact of this book on your teaching. More information given upon registration.
1) Fire of Love – by Aadil Palkhivala
This book can be ordered through David Lurey for European Students and directly through Alive & Shine Center for USA Students.
In the USA, please email Jenna: firstname.lastname@example.org
**If you have already completed a book report on ‘Fire of Love’ from another of our modules, there is a different book to read and submit a report:
2) A Path with Heart – Jack Kornfield (this book is available on Amazon and many other sources)
1) After successful completion of TWO Advanced Modules of 150 hours each, students are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance for completion of a 300hr. program and earn their 500 RYT status.
2) Need more about the Yoga Alliance Certification?? We recorded a little video in hopes to clarify the certification process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkI66ZSHsCk
3) You do not need to take our modules in any order, the topics will rotate and pick the ones that fit your time / interest.
4) You do not need to complete your second module in any rush! Take the first module with us and then whenever the second module works in your schedule, we are happy to have you finish the 300hrs with us.
5) If you are not actively teaching, you can still participate. We give preference to those teaching, but welcome 'advanced practitioners' and other body workers to come study with us.
6) Yes, you are good enough to take this course
We take our training programs very seriously and hope that your interest and participation is serious as well… this interesting article may help you in deciding if all of us are ready for you to join us 🙂
And from the wise words of our friend Jason Crandell:
Five things to know about a Teacher Training - Jason Crandell